Friday, December 22, 2017

My Mother



Nancy Schumacher turns 90 today


My mother in about 1946 in a photo taken in Chicago





My mother was a riding instructor in her younger days.





My mother with her parents in Altamont, Illinois in 1928.  Her father was the town doctor.




My mother was very close to her father and used to love going on fishing trips with him and her uncle Walter to Wisconsin.  The Hunky Dory fishing resort is still there.





My mother with her parents in the late 1940s.





Her hometown of Altamont, Illinois in the 1930s




My mother worked as a physical therapist for many years here at the former Woodlawn Hospital, the old Parkland Hospital in Dallas.



My mother worked as a physical therapist for the Dallas Cowboys in the 1970s.  
Roger Staubach was one of her patients.



My mother and father sometime in the 1980s.


No comments: